Friday 9 January 2009

Preacher's Pledge

The Bible as the Word of God is central to Christian faith and practice. As a minister of the Gospel, it is certainly a central part of my personal devotions, pastoral visitations and preaching ministry as I serve the Lord in aged care chaplaincy.

I came across the following pledge as I was perusing the Sermon Central website today and decided to join thousands of other preachers/pastors in this vital committment.

I will make the Bible my primary resource in sermon preparation and preaching.
I may use other resources such as commentaries and web sites to enhance, not replace, my personal interaction with Scripture.
As I study I will strive to accurately understand and honestly apply God's Word, allowing Him to uniquely proclaim His truth in a relevant way through me.

Will you take The Pledge to keep the Word of God pre-eminent in your life and ministry?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this reminder of the need for those who minister to rely on the Word of God. People need him more than ever and unless we preach the true Gospel Message how will they hear. God bless you abundantly. I always get blessing from reading your site.