Saturday 1 December 2007

Keep Christ In Christmas

Now here's a challenge for us all! In a day and age where little focus is given to the true meaning of Christmas, we believers have a personal and spiritual responsibility to promote the real "Reason for the Season".

Dabak and I attended and participated in Ringwood Corp's Companion Club Christmas Breakup today, where Louise Teisberg's poem "When Jesus Called That Christmas Week" was shared in a closing devotional by Lieutenant Angela Locke as a challenge to keep Christ in Christmas.
Here are the words for your personal reflection.

When Jesus called that Christmas week I wasn't at my best;
And the house was much too cluttered to entertain a guest.
He seemed to notice everything, the cards still unaddressed;
The gifts piled high awaiting wraps, the baking and the rest.
His eyes fell on the evergreen and the presents 'neath the tree,
It's my birthday that you celebrate ~ what are you giving me?
'What am I giving him?' I thought; ashamed, no words I found.
So many costly things I'd bought, he looked at me and frowned.
I prayed he'd let the question pass, but when he did persist,
I blurted out the truth at last, "You were not on my list."

No comments: