Thursday 18 January 2007

Amusing Signs

You've probably all seen amusing signs or read of quirky quotes on noticeboards that leave you with a grin and somehow lighten up your day with a serious smile! Well, while paying a parking fee today outside the PR Department in Box Hill, I was confronted with a sign that made me smile ~ "Insert Coins Slowly". I knew what it meant, but then laughed as the 'slowly-inserted' coin fell fast with a loud crash into the machine deposit box, causing me to realize that the speed of the fall is really beyond one's control.
Here is a photo of a church sign I came across that was taken last May in Sydney while a local businessman was on lunch.And, here is another ~ this one was an amusing plaque attached to a bench seat that I snapped personally while on holiday in New Zealand recently. Obviously, you really need to be aware of the "history behind the local legend" to fully appreciate it. Wouldn't you agree?

No comments: